Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grilled Mackerel Bento

mackerel bento
Today's bento was a little fishy...with grilled mackerel, tamagoyaki (fried egg), rice and shredded cabbage. I included a creamy sesame dressing to eat with the cabbage, and a citrus soy dressing to put on the mackerel - it really needed it because it was a little too fishy.. Mackerel is quite a fishy fish, and you could smell it when I opened the lid. Picking out the bones was also not such a fun experience, and I suspect I may not pack it into too many future bentos...

mackerel bento 1 layer
This is the same bento, except packed into a single-layered bento box (and without additional seaweed on the rice). This was the original bento, but I wasn't too happy with how it was looking, so I swapped it to a 2-tier bento box. 

Which layout do you prefer?

No comments: