Monday, September 1, 2008

Onigiri Bento

onigiri bento
I usually don't go grocery shopping on weekends, so on Mondays I'm forced to use up whatever is in the fridge. Today was no exception - I used up the remaining salmon flakes I had for the onigiri (rice ball) filling, and defrosted some more meatballs. I made a tamagoyaki (fried egg) with the last two eggs in the fridge and stir-fried a carrot with sesame oil and chilli flakes. 

onigiri bento
I was very pleased with my new onigiri bento boxes - they worked very well. I don't like wrapping the onigiri in nori (seaweed) in advance, as the nori will get soggy. instead, I packed the nori in a separate ziplock bag and wrapped the onigiri in the seaweed just before eating. It is a bit more fiddly this way, but the crunchy nori makes it worthwhile.

How to Make Onigiri

onigiri bento

No comments: