Sometimes there's nothing more comforting than good ol' meat n potatoes. Best of all, on days you want some comfort, you probably don't want to be stuck in the kitchen for too long. This meal is great because it can be prepared in 25 minutes.
I grilled the lamb fillets using a George Foreman grill, which was recommended to me by a friend, and I absolutely love it. It's quick and easy to use, with brilliant grilling results every time, and, most importantly, it is super easy to clean. I highly recommend it (and no, I'm in no way affiliated to that company)!
The trick to "roasting" potatoes quickly is to microwave them first and then place them under the top griller in the oven to brown. These take around 20 - 25 minutes to cook, and are crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside.
Speedy "Roast" Potatoes
scrubbed new potatoes
light olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
rosemary (fresh is best)
- Wash the potatoes and put them in a microwave safe container. Add a little water.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Put the potatoes on an oven-proof dish. Coat with a little olive oil, dash of sea salt and black pepper, and some rosemary leaves.
- Grill the potatoes in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes, until browned.
rosemary leaves (fresh is best)
light olive oil
- Put the lamb fillets in a plastic bag and pour in a little olive oil and a dash of soya sauce. Add some rosemary leaves.
- Mix everything together by massaging the fillets a little in the liquid.
- Grill the fillets for 2 -3 minutes, until cooked to your liking.
Tip: If you buy fresh rosemary but have extra leaves, remove the leaves from the stems and freeze the leaves in a small ziplock bag. Remove and use when needed. This is a great way to 'preserve' fresh herbs.