This is a very easy dish to make, and a great way of combining western and Japanese food. Hot smoked salmon is mixed into cooked soba noodles that have been coated with sesame oil and tsuyu (soba dipping sauce). Also mixed in are some stir-fried snow peas and chinese mushrooms.
Hot Smoked Salmon Soba Salad
120g cha soba (soba flavoured with green tea) or normal soba
60g snow peas, cut into 2
6-8 chinese or shitake mushrooms, sliced
100g hot smoked salmon
soba dipping sauce (ready-made is fine)
- Boil some water in a small saucepan. Cook soba for a few minutes. Once it is just cooked and still a little firm, remove and rinse well under cold running water. Set aside.
- Lightly fry snow peas and mushrooms with 1 tsp sesame oil. Set aside to cool.
- Flake the hot smoked salmon into chunks.
- Return the soba to the pot. Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and 2 - 3 Tbsp soba dipping sauce and stir gently to coat the soba.
- Add the cooled snow peas, mushrooms, and flakes of salmon, and stir lightly to combine.