I made this Roasted Pumpkin and Pancetta Pasta for a Halloween themed dinner, but it is actually a fabulous pasta to make any time of the year. It does have an autumn feel to it though, with the use of pumpkin and its orange and red tones. Make it with normal spaghetti and without the decorations for a non-Halloween themed dinner.Continue reading for the Roasted Pumpkin & Pancetta Pasta recipe...
Roasted Pumpkin & Pancetta Pasta
160g pumpkin, chopped into bite-sized pieces
160g pancetta, cut into small cubes
80g (approx 10) cherry tomatoes, cut into half
3 Tbsp light olive oil
6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
freshly ground black pepper
- Put the chopped pumpkin with a little water into a microwave-proof dish and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Put the microwaved pumpkin, pancetta, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and black pepper into an oven-proof dish. Stir well to coat the oil over everything.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions (less 1 minute). Drain the pasta.
- Pour the roasted pumpkin mix into a saucepan. Add the spaghetti and fry lightly over low heat to combine.
- Season with sea salt/more black pepper to taste. (You may not need to add any salt as the pancetta is already quite salty.)